Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Special woman...

I have a friend who is the most special woman I know.
I have known her since I was twelve. We were the outcasts of our class. We were the ones in love with dragons, adventure, witchcraft, and eventually Tolkien, U2 and Val Kilmer... Aw, Val Kilmer...And Bono... and Alan Rickman, and Hugh Jackman, and Viggo Mortensen... All the times we slobbered over the unreachable dream hunk, precious memories. Playing guitar...badly as such. Coming along, singing in a choir...you poor thing... London and the Barbican theatre where we discovered Shakespeare together...and dubbed Musicals a poor choice of culture... we were very young at the time, and still we distinguished between art and crap...
Dublin, and that rather wild night in Temple Bar...Good Lord, we were crazy...
Talking to Bono's gardner... The U2 concert...
Our anti-Olympic soaré...

She is the only one I know who understands and fully respects and actually likes the craze that is my character... Other people in my life have a tendency to snigger, though friendly intended (and I do not take offence...trust me on this one...), at me when I become my true self.
Maybe because I am an emotional person, and when I feel strongly about something I feel very strongly, and for people used to putting a lid on emotional highs and lows it might be a bit strange...even frightening... I can see that. But what kind of world is it when everyone has to go around being in the same state of mind all the time. I am finally, after years of being a shadow of what I used to be, coming to my senses...and now there is no stopping me!
She's a nutter, you might think, and you would probably be right.
But I am so lucky to have that one person in my life who is behind me one hundred percent, and she doesn't even snigger a tiny bit when I tell her about the latest craze, actually she understands and can relate. And yet, she grounds me!
If she was my only friend in the entire world I would still consider myself lucky. Now I am in the fortunate position of having many important people in my life, and I have a lot of support from both my family and my friends.
But only she knows my true heart. I have shared the deepest and most secret silly stupid things with her, and she always comes through. Always!
In fact, should I happen to do things she doesn't understand she always surprises me in a positive way. She tells me that she admire my imagination and ability to get lost in my dreams... Can anyone have a better friend?

I truly value our friendship, sweetie... Live long and prosper... I love you till the end of time...
And check out Marillion :-)
S

No comments:

Post a Comment