Saturday, February 4, 2012

Terror

I know that this is supposed to be a blog dealing with the good side of life, but I feel compelled to write an entry on something that has been bothering me for a while.

This summer we experienced a tragedy here in Norway. A man killed over seventy people on what can only be described as a killing spree. And now, six months down the line, the media is actually giving this man his fifteen minutes and more in the news. Media hiding behind freedom of speech and the right and obligation of delivering news of importance. I feel offended by this. I open my newspaper and the first thing flashing in my eyes is a photo of this creature just minutes after he's killed a lot of people. How offensive is that?

Why on earth would his opinion on anything ever, be relevant to the public? Had there been any sort of real justice he would be silenced and put away.
Had the press had any kind of ethics, for real, they would have silenced this lunatic, and held him silenced till the end of time. But no, selling bloody newspapers and getting that one scoop on the air is much more important that any kind of humanity and ethics.

He's in the news every single day. The press has actually given him what he wanted, fame and reputation. In cases like this, and ours is not exclusive here, the press fail their job by so much that there is no recovering.

Frustrated, but, I will be back with my normal sunny self in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment